From our point of view, we strongly believe that one integrated system combining hardware, software and material is key. As a result, we have co-developed CyBe Mortar specifically for the application of 3D concrete printing.
CyBe Mortar can be used for architectural, structural, industrial, and design projects regarding 3D concrete printing applications. It is a high-performance, single purpose material and durable in all environments. Besides, it is non-metallic, and contains very low amounts of chloride and sulphate. The material was specifically designed for 3DCP, together with our partner Korodur.
Use CyBe Mortar with our 3D concrete print technology to produce high durability objects where low shrinkage is desired. Our material sets in three minutes and achieves structural strength in only one hour. This allows a fast and efficient printing process, a reduction of costs and sustainable results.
3D Concrete Printing with CyBe Mortar
CyBe Mortar enables to 3D print at speeds of max. 600 mm/s and layer heights from 10mm up to 50 mm. Moreover, the time-window to print on top of a 3D printed layer only takes five seconds.
Use CyBe Mortar with 3D concrete printing for architectural, structural, industrial and design purposes.
Use our material to reduce your carbon footprint and lower your environmental impact. Production of CyBe Mortar emits up to 32% less CO2 than portland cement, and the mortar can be used as an eco-friendly building material.
CyBe Mortar Highlights
Specially developed for 3D concrete printing applications.
Formulated for long life even in critical applications.
For structural and non structural construction components and objects.
Usage only for 3D concrete printing with 3D concrete printers analysed and approved by CyBe Construction.
We understand that shipping materials all over the world is costly and time consuming. Therefore it is possible – within a partnership – to produce CyBe Mortar locally.
Material for 3D Concrete Printing
- What kind of concrete is used in 3d printing?Though the construction method is commonly known as 3D concrete printing, the used material isn’t exactly concrete. For 3D printing: we use mortar; specifically our in-house developed CyBe Mortar
- What is the concrete mix design in 3d printers?To print, we use mortar: a mixture that often includes additives like cement, sand, and water. Blending these materials creates a paste-like consistency, which can be printed.
- What printing materials can be used with your systems?We recommend printing with CyBe Mortar, which is tested and certified for its fast set time. Our Ready-Mix enables high-speed, high-quality printing. Our technology and smart printing allow us to print at a width of 40 mm, which reduces the necessary amount of print material. With our Partnership Program, CyBe Mortar can be made locally by mixing our concentrated CyBe PowerPack with locally sourced materials, such as cement, aggregates, and sand. You can, however, choose to work with your own material. We have plenty of partners choosing this approach, for various reasons. The disadvantage is that it is harder for us to help you if it goes wrong
- How can I reduce material costs?Our standard print layer width is 40 mm, which conserves material. With our Local Material Development Program, we help our customers make CyBe Mortar locally by mixing our concentrated CyBe PowerPack with locally sourced materials, such as cement, aggregates, and sand. This reduces the costs of raw materials and transportation while maintaining the material’s quality and achieving an optimal print result.
- Can I mix and use my own material with your system?You may mix and use your own developed material with our system. However, by doing so, we cannot guarantee the system’s proper response and functionality, which could fail due to clogging. We also cannot promise that the material will deliver the same high-quality print results as CyBe Mortar. Using your own material will void the system’s warranty.
- What are the technical specifications of CyBe Mortar, such as strength and curing time?Once cured, our CyBe Mortar is stronger than traditional concrete. Our material hardens fast — between 3 and 25 minutes, depending on the type of mortar and the length of the print path. When printing wall elements with the CyBe Robot Crawler, a three-minute set-time is ideal. When printing complete apartment modules with the CyBe Gantry, a 25-minute set-time allows the material to stay wet long enough to create the proper adhesion. View the CyBe Mortar datasheet for a complete overview of the former material.